Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Women Rule

Not so long ago, my best friend gave me a book to read. It was called LEAN IN by Sheryl Sandberg. For those of you who don't know her, she is the COO of Facebook. I started the book thinking that I would finish it in a couple of months or so, not knowing that I would get so addicted to it that I would secretly read it at work under the table. I finished the book in less than a month.

My first obsession with Sheryl Sandberg started when I watched a TED Talk video of her back in 2013, in which she mentioned "The most important career choice you'll make is who you marry."

Since when I watched that video, I am obsessed with whatever Sheryl Sandberg writes: articles, more books, any reviews on other books*. And now I learned that she is the new guest editor of Cosmopolitan magazine Careers supplement.

Her recent article in the Cosmopolitan is titled: "Sheryl Sandberg on Looking for Men Who Lean In". You can read the whole article here www.cosmopolitan.com/career/. One thing you can take away from this article is that the partner you choose for life should be someone who can "support your deepest ambitions and desires, and know that you can support theirs."

Sheryl also started a website, called Leanin.org. If you go to http://leanincircles.org, you can either start a new circle and have people join your circle, or join an already formed circle. These are circles made by women, for women, and it is a good start to grow together.



If you have not read this book, I highly recommend it.

M. 

* She wrote a review on THRIVE by Arianna Huffington.


No comments:

Post a Comment